Being with One
Healing our world with the light and power of the source
Brahma Kumaris Worldwide Initiative
15 – 21 September 2014
Three Ways You Can Help:
1. Heal the World and Empower Yourself
In light of the current speed of change, the instability of many areas of our world, and the suffering of millions, perhaps there is another way we can help.
As spiritual beings we all share the same Source of spiritual light and power. Many now recognize that we can gently raise our consciousness, connect with the Source, and serve as instruments of the ONE to bring that healing light, love and power into the world. It is a subtle exercise in which we can serve to empower and strengthen others. In the process we also empower our own resilience to face our own daily challenges.
Whatever you call the ONE whom we all share and to whom we are all connected, we invite you to join us in Being with ONE for one week in September 2014.
There are three ways in which you can participate and be a part of this global initiative.
1. Join us at your local Brahma Kumaris center in the early mornings and/or early evenings, and we will guide you in how to make that connection.
2. During the day you can experiment with maintaining your connection at work or at home – we’ll show you how.
3. Join thousands of others worldwide at the Global Finale of Being with ONE in your nearest town or city on September 21st.
2. Cultivating awareness of ONE
There are always two energies at play in life – physical and spiritual, body and soul, form and consciousness. If we are to fully feel the sun’s physical light and warmth on our bodies, we must take off our clothes. If we are to feel the spiritual light and love of ONE, the Spiritual Sun, we must first be naked before this light.
That means “letting go,” for a few moments at least, of our attachment to our ideas, memories, and beliefs, for these are the threads that make the inner mental clothing that we wear each day. They are what blocks the light and power of ONE from reaching and touching the heart of our being.
Only then can we stand naked in the light of The Source and be empowered by that light. When we do this, we are drawing down the energy and bringing through the power of ONE.
3. Making the connection
There are three simple stages to connect and establish a link with the ONE, The Source of spiritual light and power: Introspection, Observation, and Remembrance.
To practice, find a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed for a few minutes. Sit comfortably, consciously relax your body, yet remain alert.
- Withdraw your attention from the world outside.
- Center your self and be gently aware of your self being aware.
- Watch the flow of your thoughts as if you were just an observer.
- Notice what you are feeling in this moment.
- Think of your self as a being of peace.
- Allow your self to feel calm and peaceful.
- If any particular thoughts and feelings come up, watch them like a detached observer and let them pass, as if watching trains passing through the station.
Gently turn your attention to the ONE, however you perceive or understand that Being to be.
- Allow your mind to be free and open to any “insperience.”
- Let your thoughts flow lovingly towards ONE, the Source of love itself.
- If your heart feels like saying something, allow your thoughts to speak.
- Watch or listen for, but don’t expect a reply. You may feel something now or later.
- Visualize bathing in the physical light of the sun.
- Imagine yourself bathing in the subtle spiritual vibration of the invisible ONE.
- Feel that light penetrate your being as it heals all your emotional wounds.
- Reflect that light out into the world to all those who need love, light, and power to face their difficulties.